[fluxus] guile 1.8?

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri May 19 02:24:03 PDT 2006

> On 11/05/06, Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:
>
>> > src/FluxusBinding.cpp:2260: error: invalid conversion from
>> > 'scm_unused_struct* (*)()' to 'scm_unused_struct* (*)(...)'
>
>> hmm, well, it's my bad for doing a cast for each function, but I think
>> the
>> guile api requires it as far as I can see. which compiler are you using?
>> try a proper static_cast?
>
> OK,  i solved that, i replaced each cast to (SCM (*)()) with (SCM
> (*)(...)) which apparently is what what guile api requires judging
> from the error mess.

so now I get millions of errors:

invalid conversion from `scm_unused_struct*(*)(...)' to
`scm_unused_struct*(*)()'

:)

could you check out the temporary files generated from the guile build, eg
libguile/vectors.x and see what the calls to scm_c_define_gsubr do there?
in mine they are of the form:

scm_c_define_gsubr (s_scm_generalized_vector_p, 1, 0, 0, (SCM (*)())
scm_generalized_vector_p);

but they use the guile function snarfing to automatically generate the .x
files, something we might have to do too, if it's platform specific now.