[fluxus] fluxus build on Mac OS 10.3.9

Bobby Whelan bobby at soundingbody.co.uk
Tue May 30 16:04:24 PDT 2006

Hi list,
sorry if this has been dealt with before on the list, I searched the
archives but
could not find a similar situation:

I am trying to build Fluxus 0.8 from source on a mac (Panther), I have
all the dependencies installed and have edited main.cpp and SConstruct
as it says in the HowTo,

with 'scons MACOSX=1'    I get the following error :

ld: /usr/lib/crt1.o illegal reference to symbol: __objcInit defined in
indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
scons: *** [fluxus] Error 1

does this sound familiar to anyone?  I also tried the binaries linked to
from the pawfal.org pages, but I get the 'undefined reference to _ftime'
error if I run them from terminal, which has been mentioned before I
noticed, and of course double-clicking the app in finder yields no result.
I was wondering, has anybody built Fluxus under Panther? Is it perhaps
impossible because Panther is older than any of the Fluxus source?

I also tried to build using the xcode project in xcode 1.5, but the
build failed  with this error,
quite near to the end, during linking:

ld: can't locate file for: -lfftw3f

Sorry to trouble you with these nooby problems, but any advice or tips
would be very much appreciated. From the screenshots and what I have
heard this sounds like a fantastic piece of software!

best regards,
-bobby.

Mac OS 10.3.9
gcc version 3.3