[fluxus] Location in screen coordiantes WAS Re: a couple of questions

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:04:11 PST 2006

hmm, I'm still struggling with this, I want to be able to find the X
and Y position of an object relative to the screen, ie an object at
1,0,0 would have a greater X then something at 1,0,-10 because of
perspective.
also, if i move the view to the right with the middle mouse drag, i'd
like the X position to change because an object would move the the
right (ie. the center of the screen should be (0,0))

I'd also like to find the distance from the camera to an object.

is there any way to do this?

Basically, I want to be able to send this data with OSC to
supercollider, I want the user to be able to navigate in my "world"
and have items on the right side of the screen sound like they are
coming from the right, no matter how much the users twists around in
the world, zooms in or out.... if a users zooms out a lot the X values
will decrease so the sounds should move toward the center.

Thanks,
Alex Norman