[fluxus] Fluxus 0.9rc1 segfaults upon loading+running scripts on Ubuntu/Breezy i386

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Fri Mar 10 08:30:49 PST 2006

I have compiled Fluxus 0.9rc1 on Ubuntu Breezy with the latest upgrades.

It crashes on running certain scripts with a segmentation fault error:

kandinski at derive:/usr/share/fluxus/examples$ strace fluxus 22-osc.scm
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

Here is the list of the ones that *don't* crash:

07-texcoords.scm
10-toon3.scm
11-particles1.scm
12-particles2.scm
13-pdata ops.scm
15-flock.scm
16-water.scm
21-turtlebuilder.scm ( I don't see anything but it doesn't crash)

When loading scripts from inside the fluxus editors, the ones that work this
way work too, and the ones that crash this way crash too. Example:

kandinski at derive:/usr/share/fluxus/examples$ strace fluxus
 (load "01-tree.scm") + <f5> -> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---

I am pretty new at this, so if you find some fault in my bug reporting
style, please offer corrections.

-- javier