[fluxus] errors at runtime

Adrian von Buttlar adrian+lists.fluxus at t17r.de
Wed Jun 21 05:12:34 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 14:01, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> >> if you do:
> >>
> >> (define (render)
> >>     (draw-cube))
> >> (every-frame (render))
> >>
> >> you get no cube?
> >
> > i get a cube. but no "animation", no repetition - i thought that's what
> > the
> > function (is it called a function?) is good for
>
> to animate that script you have to tell it what to change:
>
> (define (render)
>      (rotate (vector 0 1 0)) ; turn one degree in y each frame
>      (draw-cube))
> (every-frame (render))
>
> you need to redraw the cube every frame. if you just execute:
>
> (draw-cube)
>
> on it's own you get a cube for a frame and then it's gone. this is called
> immediate mode, retained mode will store and redraw the cube for you ie:
>
> (build-cube)
>
> which you want to use depends on what you want to do, immediate mode is
> easier in some ways, but you have to recalculate the frame every time it's
> drawn so it can be slow and a bit cumbersome when you start to do more
> complex things.
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

hmm. i can only animated it by holding f5. it looks like the canvas is not
cleared for every new frame (http://bilder.netzkind.org/fluxus01.png).

i still get some errors when starting fluxus (ignore the libgl warning:
problem with mesa and fixed in cvs, iirc):
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
Welcome to fluxus
ERROR: In procedure open-file:
ERROR: No such file or directory: "/home/adrian/.fluxus.scm"
ERROR: In procedure open-file:
ERROR: No such file or directory: "/home/adrian/.fluxus.scm"

i think i need someone to hold my hand and walk me through this. sorry for
spamming idle ml-readers ;-)

adrian