[fluxus] interactivity issues

nik gaffney nik at fo.am
Mon Jul 17 06:12:37 PDT 2006

>> I'm not sure I follow - how can you look up in an alist when
>> eq/eqv/equal are not defined on the primitives?
>
> I need to do some research if a primitive-eq is enough for assq, and if I
> need to implement eqv and equal (which will be slow as they'll have to do
> a deep compare against every vertex, and won't be much use afaict)
>
> To be honest I'm tempted to revert it to the old system, where primitives
> were just represented by exact id numbers, it would make all this a lot
> simpler again. I haven't tried this sort of thing since doing that :)

ok, i think i missed this change which probably confused things a bit, but i
would still assume that manually creating some structure containing
something-like-what-mouse-over-used-to-return and whatever-it-retuns-now could
work. ie. manually create object ids, when the actors are created [either by
'themselves' or otherwise). maybe think of it as extnded event handling, rathen
than doing anythign to the actors, if it seems like inverted logic. or am i
completly off the mark?!