[fluxus] under the shade of abstraction

nik gaffney nik at fo.am
Fri Jul 14 08:47:07 PDT 2006

> Shriram Krishnamurthi is Dr Scheme? :) I'm quite close to writing an
> experimental MzScheme version of fluxus btw.

if you need a prod, ive been close to doing this a few times, but in
practice never got much past section 1.2 of 'Inside PLT MzScheme'. the
two major motivations for me, were the dificulties encountered during
the guile 1.6 -> 1.8 transition (mainly on osX), and seeing how stable
and fast the 3m gc has become compared with the conservative collector
for fluxuslike data mulching. i think it would worthwhile branch.

> I've been wondering - a lot of the recent interest in lispy languages
> seems to have come about due to parallel processing, eg google's MapReduce
> algo etc etc. So would the massively parallel stateless GPU processing
> lend itself to a lispy functional language?

in theory, definately, in practice .. . we can only hope :)