[fluxus] [osx] audioIn

Dan Bethell dan at pawfal.org
Sun Jan 8 15:28:16 PST 2006

FWIW in order to get the flashing cube example to work on my mac this is
what I did...

Start JackPilot (comes with jackOSX - www.jackosx.com) and start the
jack server with the default settings (512, 32000). Then I started
fluxus and coded:

(start-audio "" 512 32000)
(define (render)
	(colour (vector (gh 1) (gh 2) (gh 3)))
	(draw-cube))
(every-frame "(render)")

Run that (Fn+F5). Then I open the JackPilot routing window i see fluxus
under the 'Receive Ports' - sweet! Now some input - if I connect the
'Built-In Audio' send port to the 'fluxus' receive port & shout at my
computer (make sure the mic is turned up) I can see the cube change
colours :) Even better if I open iTunes and play some music iTunes
appears in the 'Send Ports'... connect that up to fluxus and my cube
flashes along with my music.

Dave Griffiths wrote:
 > well the buffer size and samplerate are a pain to have to set, as you
 > have to match them to jack's settings manually at the moment.

yeah that caught me out too - it might be worth mentioning in the docs
that you have to match the buffer size & samplerate to the jack server
settings manually.

cheers,
dan