[fluxus] questions about fluxus

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 17:14:38 PST 2006

Hi, I'm new to fluxus, i have a couple of questions here:
first, is there a way to make the window display the images in a
non-squished way if you resize the window to not be square? (i'd like
to be able to view the window while editing code in a x-terminal, i
have a small laptop screen)

second, how would one suggest do this:
I want to accept an osc message that causes a file to be sourced, i'd
like to be able to source that same file again when i send the osc
message a 2nd time.. it seems that if i create something like the
below, it will work one time, but once the script "/tmp/blah.scm" has
been sourced I can no longer accept this message...

(osc-source "6543")

(define
  (test)
  (if (osc-msg "/loadfluxus")
	 (source "/tmp/blah.scm")
	)
  )

(every-frame "(test)")

basically, i want to edit my code in Vim and not use the internal editor..

is there a way to make keybindings from within fluxus that would
persist even if i source a new script?

on a related note, is there a way to load code from an external source
without interrupting the currently running processes?,, so like
live-coding but without using the fluxus editor? :)

suggestions?
thanks,
Alex