[fluxus] fluxus 0.8 on gentoo?

wlindner at vt.edu wlindner at vt.edu
Fri Jan 6 19:17:05 PST 2006

I'm currently trying to build a gentoo system  with fluxus installed that I will
have tv-out going to a projector.  I have a 2600+ AMD Sempron processor (that's
64bit btw) and I have an nvidia card as well.  after compiling all of the
dependencies and checking with scons and later installing with scons it only
sorta works...  this is the error I get if I try to load a premade .scm file:

# fluxus
connected to jack...
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
    what():   basic_string::erase
Aborted

and I can't seem to get it to run much of anything from the normal scripting
interface.  IE: any sort of rendering outside of building a cube shows me
nothing at all.  Could the rendering problem be related to opengl not properly
being implemented?  but then again I have barely tested it due to the fact that
I can't load anything!

I seem to have jack up and running and all of that is fine and dandy but how do
I test rendering that follows the music...  can I play music in xmms like
normal with jack output enabled?

I have alot of questions but I am extremely excited about fluxus and I want to
start messing around with it as soon as I can!