[fluxus] paths ideas and tips [Was: fluxus 0.8 osx default path location]

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Tue Feb 28 00:04:20 PST 2006

On 28/02/06, mashive .org <mashive at gmail.com> wrote:
> "/Documents/fluxus" as i store all of my other projects in a subfolder of
> "Documents/".

that's where i chdir in my .fluxus.scm ;-)

>       i do have another question about ".fluxus.scm" i went to try an find
> this file, with no success. i also un hid all files in finder*
> so i fabricated my own, i dont think it has made any effect tho. i put
> (chdir "/path/to/working/directory") as the only entry in the file,
> (adjusted to my environment of course)  :)

it doesn't exist by default, you have to create it yourself in your
user directory. On a mac it's /Users/yourloginname (in unix they often
abbreviate it as ~/ or as $HOME/ )... which you do:

>       now i am about to try the method you wrote using the set! function. i
> am concerned with whether there is anything else that i should append to my
> config file. maybe something i need for it to be recognized, like how a
> shell script needs "#!/bin/sh", or even other things that might make my time
> more productive.
>
> thankyou again for your insight Artem, it is greatly appreciated!

no, you don't need magick comments in .fluxus.scm, because fluxus
knows already that this file is a fluxus scheme source file.