[fluxus] MacOS X

Artem Baguinski femistofel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 12:16:03 PST 2006

On 25 Feb 2006, at 19:44, Artem Baguinski wrote:

> the only way i managed to do that automatically is using
> "glibtool" (darwin's copy of GNU libtool). libtool supports "-
> static" flag which means "prefer static libraries, use dynamic if
> static not found" (this way it links with dynamic versions of -lm
> and -lz from /usr/lib).
>
> But since scons is supposed to be a substitute to everything auto*
> including libtool, I'll read its documentation further hoping to
> find the magic switch. Or i'll adjust Dan's method.

I gave up on this, because libtool just works. The only problem is
that some users may not have /usr/bin/glibtool and it is normal
practice (at least in autoconf based packages) to ship the script
with the sources, which is what I'm gonna do.

I don't statically link with -lm / -lz in because they are in /usr/
lib, I assume zlib is shipped with macos.

I still have to build static version of libjack, after that the
"sumo" version of the bundle is ready for testing.

I had some doubts about doing that, the reason being: anyone with
jackosx installed has Jack.framework, why do i need to duplicate it
in fluxus? But this way somebody without jack installed can try
fluxus out, like it and install jackosx when (s)he discovers that
(start-audio) doesn't work.

After I'm done with jack I'll try to fix the configuration bit to
check for appropriate (static / dynamic) versions of the libs and
frameworks. Tomorrow I'll make sure I haven't broken nothing on Linux.

cheers,
artm