[fluxus] MacOS X

Artem Baguinski femistofel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:40:18 PST 2006

Hi

I'd like to make scons build system able to build statically linked
"self sufficient" application bundle as well as dynamically linked
one which relies on dependancies being installed ehh... somewhere ;-)

I'd like to do that in the 0.9 branch so that prebuilt binaries be
available as soon as Dave releases it.

But since I'm a macosx noob and I DO have all the deps installed all
over my /usr/local I'd love some support from the list.

(a) If there's someone out here without the deps installed (e.g.
someone using the prebuilt 0.8 only), could you give me a hand and
test my (binary) "snapshots" whenever I have them ready?

(b) Could someone please explain me what I'm doing wrong with the icons?

   - the bundle creation script copies the fluxus.icns to
     Fluxus.app/Content/Resources/
   - in the Info.plist I add (it isn't in CVS yet because it doesn't
work)
     	<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
         <string>fluxus</string>
   - but I still get the generic application icon for the bundle

(c) Who has built the 0.8 binary from the homepage? For one I like
the icon better ;-) For two the icon works. But more importantly,
some scheme scripts endup in Resources too, my question is where do
they come from and how do you communicate to guile / fluxus where
they can be found?

that's it for now.