[fluxus] frame hook

Artem Baguinski femistofel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 21:21:15 PST 2006

On 20 Feb 2006, at 01:09, dave wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 15:19 +0100, Artem Baguinski wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have reimplemented the "every-frame" functionality using guile
>> hooks and a macro. The performance gain is probably neglegible but it
>> gives me a better feeling when coding.
>
> thanks for finding out about this, that would have taken me some
> time to
> figure out :) do you think it would be an idea to keep this out of cvs
> till we get 0.9 sorted - I'd like to figure out how to do scheme
> installation then, but for 0.9 I'd like to keep to the feature
> freeze -
> other than the arcball camera change.

hmm... isn't that what branches are for ? ;-)

since I can write to CVS now I'll split up an experimental branch for
post 0.9 stuff and commit arcball to trunk and frame-hook / thin
cursor to experimental. I'm now working on a repl mode, i decided it
should work like scheme shell on Ctrl+0. It will also take care of
FIXME in ErrorHanler (all error output will go to Ctrl+0 as well,
with some indicator in the rest of the editors)

> oh, and you should be able to commit now... :)

exciting! ;-)

[...]
> Thinking about it though, a generic realtime osc recorder/sequencer
> is a
> mighty handy thing, I might break it off into it's own app if there
> isn't something similar out there...?

I think somebody mentioned osc sequencer in development on linux
audio ml, but i never got the chance to see it. and knowing myself
this must mean they hadn't download location / code repo at that time.