[fluxus] Screen Recording?

George Bashi zingit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 10:15:04 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm just starting out with fluxus and I'm due to be doing a live performance
next week, so two questions regarding that:

First, does anybody have any general tips for performing live? (like "print
out the function list and keep it handy" etc.)

Second, we are looking to record either the whole performance (couple hours)
or short clips onto a usb harddrive. I know fluxus' frame dump is too slow
to do this, so is there any better way to record what's going on? I noticed
there is a nice quality realtime dump of fluxus at
http://www.archive.org/details/livekode - how was that done? I'm running
under linux.

I'm also having a problem with going fullscreen - for some reason ctrl+f
just maximises the window, so I'm still left with the gnome panels and
fluxus titlebar. How do I get rid of all that and have fluxus in "true"
fullscreen?

I'm toying with an object oriented fork of fluxus using the Ruby scripting
language at the moment, I'll post again when I have some code that actually
runs (my C++ isn't too hot!) - if anyone is interested, drop me a line!
Fluxus is a really great bit of software and I've really taken to it - it's
just the scheme interface (and all that functional programming malarkey) is
providing a bit of a barrier for me!

Thanks in advance,
George