[fluxus] plt commits

dave dave at pawfal.org
Fri Dec 29 08:40:24 PST 2006

Hi all,

The PLT branch now has the first attempt at a unified working build
system, and I've bound most of the fluxus scheme functions now. Hooking
fluxus into mred (plt's interface library) works to some extent already:
http://www.pawfal.org/dave/images/mredflux.jpg
It's very unstable at the moment though, It seems to be due to the order
it loads extensions linked to opengl, so hopefully it's fixable by
calling (load-extension) somewhere else.

Again, it's not worth trying this out unless you are interested in the
details of fluxus development, as it's still got a long way to go. It
seems stable though (when running the the fluxus window application) and
on average something like 10% faster.

So here are some notes for the current state of fluxus-plt:
* no audio commands yet
* no osc commands yet
* no repl yet
* primitive ids are back to integers again
* no documentation yet

To get it to work, you need to configure plt with:
./configure --enable --prefix=/usr/local/
and when it's built, run
sudo cp /usr/local/lib/plt/mzdyn.o /usr/local/lib/plt/libmzdyn.a
so scons can link it in with the binary modules, I'll fix this soon.

The building is now split into seperate SConscripts, all are called by
the main SConstruct, so you should be able to build/install with the
usual scons and scons install in the fluxus root directory.

There are probably files missing from cvs, so let me know how you get
on.

In more detail (for you OSX fluxus hackers):

SConstruct:
The top level script does the dependancies check, builds the fluxus
application + calls the following:

libfluxus/SConscript:
builds a static library of the core graphics engine

modules/SConscript:
works out the paths for the PLT modules install and calls the following

modules/fluxus-engine/SConscript:
the main binary PLT module for the fluxus graphics functions. there will
also be fluxus-audio and fluxus-osc soon.

modules/scheme/SConscript
the fluxus modules/extensions written in scheme