[fluxus] audio related fluxus problem

William Lindner williamtheconquerer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 12:29:41 PDT 2006

well, first off I think I've finally gotten fluxus and jack to start
without segfaulting...  but some weird stuff is going on.  I have my
~/.fluxus.scm file so it reads: (start-audio "alsa_pcm:capture_1" 256
44100)  this seems to work...  to some extent.  If I fire up qjackctl
and start jackd from there it seems to start fine and all that...  so I
run from the examples directory...

william at shazam:$ fluxus 17-physics1.scm
connected to jack...
JackClient::ConnectInput: connecting source [alsa_pcm:capture_1] to dest
[In0]
cannot continue execution of the processing graph (Bad file descriptor)

if the qjackctl "connect" window is open it shows that capture_1 and
fluxus' In0 connect (line is drawn between them)  but nothing happens in
the fluxus window and if something covers up a qjackctl window it will
not be redrawn...  which I guess it just straight up means it's not
responding but if I just close the fluxus window so fluxus has stopped
qjackctl starts responding again...  I'm guessing the problem is in the
"cannot continue execution of the processing graph (Bad file
descriptor)" line...  do I have a correctly configured ~/.fluxus.scm
file?  I know the 256 and the 44100 (buffersize and samplerate) need to
match in the .fluxus.scm file and jack and I've changed the jack
configuration so it's 44100, but I'm not sure where to change
buffersize...  I'm running my iPod through the microphone jack on my
laptop...  is that a good way to do it?  I've never gotten fluxus to
work with audio...

oh, and I use Xgl for my normal desktop and fluxus does not seem to get
opengl acceleration when I'm running it on Xgl...  not a big issue, Xgl
is experimental anyways...