[fluxus] nearly at v0.8

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Nov 28 11:26:02 PST 2005

hi dave,

On Nov 28, 2005, at 1:07 PM, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> I've just committed a bunch of updates for the documentation, adding
> missing features and uploaded it all here:
> http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fluxus/docs/
>
> I've also added (build-polygons) which is a simple command to
> return an
> empty poly primitive of a specified size. This should allow us to
> write
> scheme scripts to import model data from files.

...ever the busy beaver!  Should be able to try this out tonight...

> So, anyway - I'd like to release v0.8 for linux as soon as
> possible, how
> should we deal with the osx version?

...very good question:  again the problem is guile...sure it'd be
easy enough to link the lib in staticly or include a dynamic lib in
the app package, but I'm not sure what we'd do about guile's extra
"procedures" files in share/guile/1.4 or 1.6...don't know if they're
even used, but I remember having trouble with them not being found
when I tried to make fluxus portable before...perhaps guile can be
built without them, or they can be included somewhere in the app
package where they'll be found...

l8r,
james