[fluxus] os x fluxus-0.8

Dan Bethell dan at pawfal.org
Thu Dec 15 22:22:46 PST 2005

hi all,

i'm the somewhat more silent half of pawfal. I recently got a powerbook
(much to daves disgust i'm sure!) & as part of my experimentations into
chaos have put together a binary of fluxus 0.8. Actually it was today's
CVS but I think thats just about 0.8?!

I've tested it here on a 10.4 machine with none of the necessary libs
installed and it works fine but if some people could test it out & let
me know what needs fixing that would be great!

Heres the link - it's ~1.2MB
http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fluxus/files/Fluxus-0.8.dmg.gz

If everything works I'll write up a page covering what I did in more
detail but just briefly I ended up statically linking against all the
necessary libs (tweak to the SConscript), bundled the guile startups
(ice-9) into the MacOS directory of the bundle and made a slight tweak
to main() to make sure GUILE_LOAD_PATH gets set appropriately before
guile inits. Erm i think that was it - apart from stripping the binary
and cludging together a new icon (i know there's one already in cvs and
I can use that if you all like - i just couldn't resist dave's NPR
screenshot!).

laters,
dan